Misdemeanor offenses are handled in county court in Florida. Examples of misdemeanor crimes include:
- Driving under the influence
- Driving under a suspended license
- Petit Theft
- Criminal Mischief with damage to property valued under $1000
- Domestic Battery,
- Indecent Exposure
Misdemeanors offenses are categorized at first and second degree by Florida statute:
- First degree misdemeanors carry a maximum sentence of a year in the county jail and
- Second degree misdemeanors are punishable by up to sixty days in the county jail.
At the Law Office of Laura E. Kenney, we have years of experience prosecuting and defending misdemeanors and we will ready to evaluate your case and present the best possible defense with inside knowledge of how the system works.